Lime Rock Club Race - May 2000 - 1st Race!

It came to my attention that all my early race reports and stories were gone, missing when the server in the closet died. I found my backup and have reposted them on Blogger.com where they'll stay until Google decides that they're trash and deletes them. 

But I wanted to make sure the internet wasn't deprived of my early verbiage - which continues spewing forth to this day. So here you are, enjoy!

  

Lime Rock 2000 - My first club race. Here you'll find Lurid Photos, Gruesome details and enough verbiage to stun an elephant. You have been warned!


Typical weekend conditions, cars, tools, people under water.


After participating in Drivers Education events over the last several years, I decided that in 2000 I would start club racing and picked the Lime Rock race in May to be my first race. The following links are a (verbose) account of my journey and participation. If you want to skip the text (and stay awake), scroll down to see the photos.


Car Prep is the Key

Track Time with Schattenbaum

Racing into Hyperthermia

Race Day


And the Green Flag is dropped for Group 3 (Classes C, D and E)



A typical scene in our paddock spot: Tom Holmes under the hood, Dan Arkins on the floor

Did I mention the rain ?

Making an impression on the judges on my first start - I'm the one spinning off the track in the foreground. At least I learned how to exit the track the proper 911 way: backwards!

Passing 2 cars under braking going into Big Bend. Way Cool!

Tom Holmes - frustrated by the weekend's events, but a trooper

Dan Arkins (yellow) and Scott Freund (red). Racers helping fellow racers.

Dan and Scott next turn their attention to the "Quickie-Noise-Suppressor"
on my car - pat pend.

Dan Arkins, CVR Region, Class F - Paddock Mechanic AND Race Driver

Applying the finishing touches just before the concours event...

The final result - Isn't it Bee-u-til-ful ? Why spend the extra money for SuperTrapps?

At speed under full race conditions.

n traffic on the Uphill turn during qualification

Clean inside race pass under braking in the wet at the end of the main straight.

A dry start to the weekend. Little did we know ...

Action in the "esses". In the fun race, the 944 turbo who kept blocking me ended up backwards in the area where the photographer took this shot. Turbo boost + rain = muddy driver

Last known picture of when my car was dry.


Comments

Popular Posts