Compare and Contrast

The racecar is just about ready for the season. Next up for it is a corner balance and alignment. I can do the corner balancing, but alignment of 944's is an art, aka pain in the ass. That's one of the few things I'm happy to farm out to somebody else. I'm going to take it up to Bodymotion in Northern New Jersey. Mike, the owner, is a racer for many years, and it's a great race shop. They did a great job in pulling my bent frame back into spec a couple of years ago. To take it to the shop, I need to load it into my trailer. One small detail though. Remember that parts car I bought earlier. Its sleeping in the trailer.

Not a pretty sight




As long as I revved the motor up to about 4500 rpm, I was able to get the automatic tranny engage, so I could drive it out of the trailer and into the garage, where it's days are numbered.



A pair of 89's



The title of this post is Compare and Contrast. Let's take a look under the hood of a stock, street driven 89 NA with about 120K on the clock.



Bone Stock 2.7L motor


Not too bad, hoses look fresh, most of the rubber looks good, recent distributor cap. Pretty filthy though. All the motor parts are all oxidized and corroded. But all in all, not that bad. I'm sure a bunch of those fittings, screws and nuts will be a pain to work on.

Now let's look under the hood of my racecar.


A little happier 2.7L motor

Ahhh, much nicer. I like the look of a clean motor installation. Its a nice contrast to the flat black exterior.

Comments

Popular Posts