More progress

Another week and weekend is in the books. It was a weird weather week, 85 degrees! earlier in the week, but back to a more seasonal 55-60 by the weekend. With the sun setting later and more reasonable temps, it easier to stay focused on the trailer/racecar/etc tasks rather than blowing them off and heading for the TiVo and a beer. Though I did manage to sandwich in the F1 sessions in between bouts of work.

But enough piddle, this is the internet, and this is nothing without pics.

The front of the trailer is pretty close to being done. Got my workshelf mounted and the shelving done. The shelving had to be "downsized" to fit in the available space. This meant hacking it apart with a cut-off tool and re-welding it back together again.



Got my flat-screen mount fixed to the frame of the trailer. An important race accessory. Needed for session data analysis, and driver relaxation (Netflix streaming).

A microwave was mounted and a new electrical outlet to support it was installed. I won't be hosting wine and cheese parties, but it will be appreciated to heat up coffee and sandwiches.

Misc bins to stuff all that extraneous crap were remounted.





More storage bins and my combo helmet shelf and race suit hanger PitPal piece installed.





The finished result. Racks and bins in place, toolbox mounted





Not in the pics, but the remainder of the interior trim was cut, installed and all painted.

944 Race car work also continues. I welded my hood pins which were removed when going to the turbo nose. The header panel and headlight covers were attached and welded together as one unit as I don't have any headlights anymore - gone many years ago.




The front now. If I get ambitious and run out of things to do, maybe I'll bondo up the seams around the headlight covers and make it all seamless.




Last week I also replaced a bent tie rod, which other than being the first time I have done one, went pretty smooth. Coming up this week I'll be taking a look at the rear banana arm bearing. Later!

Comments

Popular Posts