Tools - an addedum

As readers know I'm a huge fan of tools. One of these things that these tools have in common beside solving problems, is the generation of large quantities of potential human altering actions or substances. Whether its the potential for cutting off a finger with my cutoff wheel - finally! says the tool, my dreams are realized - or being crushed under my lift, or more typically, flaying off my skin with the wire brush wheel in my grinder.

Lots of nasty bits flying around, ready to be inhaled or ingested, or inserted into some unsuspecting part of my anatomy.

So safety is a big concern. I have about 3 fire extinguishers in the shop. I wear a safety face shield when grinding on stuff, ear protectors when noisy tools are being fired, gloves and respirator while electroplating things. Double check the locks on my lift, etc.

But still, shit happens.

That's why I added something (safety) cool to the garage this week. An Eyewash station. This is for those times when you're crawling under the car, reaching up to fiddle with something, and blam, a rain of crap falls into your face and eyes. And while I don't want to lose a finger, I would have 9 left. I only have two eyes and I need them both to go racing.

So this is there, just in case. And a no-brainer for only $20.


Comments

Popular Posts