Out with the old

Closing down to the end of the year here, so it's time for a progress update.

New rollers and belts added. Balance belt and Timing belt adjusted and set up.


Wiring harness and vacuum lines in progress.


Can't completely finish up the motor yet as I plan to use various bits from the 2.5 currently in the car. Like the 1 year old clutch, fuel rail, headers, reference sensors and the like. They were on the original 2.7 motor and got moved to the 2.5 as they are new or relatively new.

So here's the motor as it stands. The next phase is pulling the 2.5 out of the race car.


The last motor I pulled came out of the top. That was the 89 with auto tranny with the scored block walls. That went reasonably well, so I thought I'd try coming out the top this time.

The advantage of coming out the top means I don't have to do a bunch of work dropping the cross frame, disconnecting the shocks and brake calipers. Off with the hood and start disconnecting everything.


And through the magic of internet time, the end result.



Well that was not so much fun. I can tell you that the new motor is going in from the bottom this time.

The next few days I'll move parts from the 2.5 to the new motor and prepare it for installation. But for now, it's time for ibuprofen and beer. Happy holidays!

Comments

Popular Posts