944 Racecar - Getting Ready to Race Febrary 2006

The web server holding my earliest postings into an uncaring universe quietly expired a while ago. Rather than replacing it, I'm posting the content so it will live on forever in the cloud, polluting my little corner of it. Enjoy.


February 2006 - Getting Ready to Race



VIR is the first 44Cup race of the season. While it still winter here - in fact we just got 18" of snow and I was lucky to get the car done and into the trailer - hopefully a couple of hundred miles south will be warmer.

Here's the first iteration of the decals/graphics for this season.




The number font is called Chiller and emulates a font created with blood splatters. Let's hope the closest I come to it is with vinyl graphics. I like the purple wheels, but they just don't work as well as I thought with the rest of the graphics. When it warms up I'll probably paint them red..




The #88 could be bigger ... Next time


44Cup sponsor stickers and my warnings



Gotta promote the website, need to drive traffic and eyeballs to the site so I can sell Alpine Motorsports t-shirts and Team ECI calendars and retire early.



mostly folks reaction to the flat black is "no really, what color are you finally gonna paint it?"   I guess with the stickers on it, they'll have to believe, but now, it's time to go racing

Comments

Popular Posts